This is how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website. The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site.
If you visit our site:
- We collect and store only the following information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or uky.edu if you are connecting from the University of Kentucky's domain); the date and time you access our site; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, and the resources on our web site that you accessed.
- We use the information we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
- You also may decide to send us personally-identifying information in EMail or by using the Contact Us form. For example, you could include personal information in an electronic mail message requesting information regarding our concert series or how you can participate with financial support. We use personally-identifying information from such inquiries in various ways to better serve our patrons; however, this information will not be shared outside of our organization.
- You can contact us by postal mail, telephone, or electronically via EMail. The material you submit may be seen by various people in our organization. We may enter the information you send into our electronic database for our own marketing or administrative use.
- If your communication is very sensitive, or includes personal information like your bank account or credit charge card numbers, please send it by postal mail instead of over the Internet, since we do not have a site with secure (SSL) facilities to encrypt such sensitive information. Please use postal mail or the telephone for all such exchanges.
- We want to be very clear: We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information to us. We do not use "cookies" to extract information about your web browsing habits. We do not use special programming techniques to extract your EMail address from your browser.